Welcome welcome, one and all, to the circus that is my thoughts.

Enjoy your stay

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Stereotypical 'Religion' Opinion

Good Afternoon internet dwellers. Today, I bring you a question. Why are Christians so mean?
Now, I know for those of you religious people that probably stirred up a bit of anger, but realistically.Let me explain my side of the story.

Now let me tell you something about myself, readers. Admittedly, I honestly care a lot bout what people think of me. Not everyone, and not on certain topics. For example, someone could say I'm ugly and it wouldn't phase me. They could tell me I look bad in brown or I have bland eyes, and it still wouldn't. On the other hand, the people I care about, my family, my friends, the people I look up to, if one of them were to say something like that, I'd ponder it for a while, and probably take their opinion into strong consideration. I'm not religious. In fact, I'm probably the farthest thing from it, or at least from Christianity. The real reason is because, realistically, it just makes me laugh. I believe in evolution, because, to me, no offense to religion, it just makes sense. Hate me if you will, but I just don't really believe in God. (Yeah, watch me get struck down now. ;)) I don't mean to insult you, but I just want you to know that. Also, my morals are aparently far from a 'normal person's'. I don't think that, if a girl wears a tank top, it makes her slutty. If she wears heels, it's always trashy. If she wears eyeliner, shes emo, or crying out for attention. These are topics that personally offend me, because I DO think heels and skinny jeans is stylish, or eyeliner DOES bring out your eye color when worn right. I think wild colored hair is daring, and dare I say cool? I'm sensitive to this because I get called a whore on the daily basis, literally, because I wear spaghetti straps, V-necks, high heels, converse, eyeliner, and things that, like it or not, they make me feel attractive, and confident.

Don't get me wrong world. When a girl wears her shirt so low you see nipples and lace from her bra, or mini skirts and high heels, yeah, it can be slutty. But when done tactfully, it's so much more attractive than people tend to say.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my words STRONGLY; there is a DIFFERENCE between these girls.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2a9zatj.jpg and http://www.bleudame.com/images/7001_cl_lg.jpg

Spaghetti straps don't make someone a slut. Neither do tasteful skirts, modest high heels, etc. Please don't judge someone based on shoulder skin, or, god forbid, seeing a girl's knees.

I titled this The Steryotypical 'Religion' Opinion because to be honest, 90% of Christian adults I know would say the girl on the right is 'improper'.

Last night, I went to a friends house for dinner, and to help him decorate his Christmas tree. He himself is not- but his family is very strictly Christian. I wore Dark Skinny Jeans, Converses, My hair pulled into a bun, and a very tasteful white spaghetti strap shirt, layered over a black one. You could not see my bra. You could NOT see my butt-crack when I bent over. I didn't wear heavy makeup, and all in all, I think it was a very attractive outfit. When he saw it he smiled and said I looked very nice. He's one whom I hold his opinion very dear to me, so I was flattered, grabbed a nice jacket and we drove to his house. Sure enough though, as soon as I went to the next room to make a phone call I hear his mother comment on how Improper and unattractive my outfit is. She lectured her son about how uncomfortable it made their family, but when I got back to the room, sure enough, they smile and welcome me back.

I'm tired of people like this. Call it cruel, call me mean and pregitous against religion- I don't care. It was rude, mean, and "God help me", it hurt. I know not al religious people are like this, but almost every single one I know is.

If I wear a shirt that shows my neck, I'm a slut.
If I don't go to church, I'm a bad person.
and If I don't believe in GOD, I'm going to hell.

The unwritten rules of the bible.

As I said, I know not all Christians are like this- I have some dear friends across the country that prove this stereotype wrong, but as for the people in this town, this state, this region? I'm Obviously going to hell.

To all you religious people out there, if any of this sounds like your beliefs, please, please take this into consideration. Harsh, close minded views like this hurt, always. It doesn't matter if you're religious or not, if you think girls are sluts because you can see a small amount of flesh, go to hell. You are the reason girls are fragile and insecure.

For those of you that are religious and agree with the people here, you can go to hell too. I'm sorry, I'm not usually this harsh, but I'm so tired of facing these people in my life. Tell me this:

If Jesus loves everyone equally, why will he punish me so for not believing in him?

I apologize greatly for my religious views, because I know they step on a lot of toes. If you agree with me though, I thank you. I Apologize for stereotyping people of your religion, but if you take so much offense to this, do something about it. Either comment this, and tell me why god thinks tank tops are evil, or don't be so harsh.

I'm sorry for expressing my views, because I know that they're harsh too... but this is my blog after all, you don't have to read it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment