Welcome welcome, one and all, to the circus that is my thoughts.

Enjoy your stay

Friday, December 11, 2009

An Introduction

Good evening people of the internet. The whole style of 'blogging' as a whole seemed to come and go constantly, and people 'blogging' just to ramble seems to have faded out of style with the outburst of Myspace and Facebook. Yet sure enough here I am. Writing to ramble, and doing just that.

I don't have many interesting things to say. I'm young, younger than most people care to guess. Supposedly, I look older, and act older- but I don't see it, in my eyes I'm just that: still just a kid. When I grow up? I want to be a cartoonist. Maybe that's a small dream, but I always decided that I wanted to be like my mother. We didn't have much money in the house when I was just a tot, but my mother loved her job, so she was always happy, even when struggling with the bills. I want to be like her one day. Even if I don't have the most money in the world, if I can do what I love, I'll find a way to be happy, regardless of my economic standpoint. In case that didn't give it away, I love to draw. I don't play sports, I never wanted to be a model, or a singer, I wanted to be like Matt Groening and whoever the hell illustrated the good Archie Comics.

My life, I might as well tell you now. Thats the whole reason I got a blog, I suppose. As an online journal to ramble and say whatever I damn well please, and no one being able to give me a hard time about it, because no one knows just who I am. Not that it really matters. I live Northwest, in the U.S.. No one around here is really 'internet savvy'. So, me? I'm a nerd. I go to the conventions, and I'm in the art classes, the Drama club. Because I love it. and High School type stereotypes couldn't bother me less. My goal in life is to have fun, but in my short years thus far, I've realized that I have a lot to say, a lot of good ideas, but no one here cares to listen. Everyone around me is still watching twilight and shopping at abercrombie. That's what the people here are like. If I had to label people, just for you to understand? In my area, we have three people:
1. 'Preppy kids' that shop at Abercrombie, that are on the cheerleading squad, that play the sports, and as stereotypical as it is? 90% of them are just as bad as the bullies on all the Disney shows.
2. Scene Kids. Not those amazing ones that look like walking photoshop masterpieces, no, I really do give them credit. Here we have the knock offs. the ones who 'hate' the preppy kids, because they've all seen those shows, and know that everyone is supposed to hate them.
3. Then there's the hicks. We get a lot of those here. My neighbors invite everyone in their family over every other month so they can all gather in the front yard for a BBQ / Hair cut party.

No one clique seems to be better than the rest, but I try not to judge people by how they look, but if I did, see above paragraph. (I must be making a terrible first impression, dear internet, but that's alright.) My point is, theres a subculture hidden among all this. two actually, but one is the wannabe gangsters with low pants and weed hats. (Give me a mob boss any day). The other is the convention nerds. Call me crazy, but they definitely seem to be the best- the ones with hearts. I went to my first convention when I was 11, because I read comic books and watched Naruto. Yep, if you happen to be one of 'us' you know me- I was a narutard. a weeaboo. I walked in to the venue where it was taking place, I looked around, and I laughed. Not at the cosplayers, not at the old people there, not at the DBZ quotes. I laughed 'at' nothing, no one. Cheesy as it sounds, I laughed because I was so happy, already.

I learned something that day, that weekend. There are people out there like who I want to be. Like my mother. The people who granted, don't have amazing lives. Half of them flat out suck. But they were all happy anyway. It didn't matter what those convention people were like outside of the con. Age, Gender, Clique, economics, etc. nothing mattered. At a con, everyone was there for an escape. A once a year chance to be happy and forget everything except who 'Anonymous' is.

Since that weekend I've gone back to every con I could. It took me a little while, but I found my place there. I found my friends, and the people I think I was meant to find in my life, the ones who make me really happy- even when I'm just standing at the sidelines watching, I could never be happier.

That, internet dwellers alike, is the basis of how I live my life. I'm always looking forward to the next con, but for now I guess that's all I can do to keep myself sane here. I have a good life, and I'm more than happy still being just a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment